Tazorac and Olive Oil

Posted Wed 30 Jan 2019 05.13 by mushuy (edited Wed 30 Jan 2019 05.25 by mushuy)

In the past I used all kinds of prescription stuff but nothing really worked. I used olive oil for a long time and it helped my psoriasis, but it never went away. I started using prescription Tazorac and it would go away for a couple of days and come back. Then I put a couple drops of olive oil on right after applying the Tazorac and it has not come back. I guess some synergistic effect. I also wanted to point out that I notice I get breakouts from either the chlorine in the water or the chemicals in shampoo/conditioner when washing my hair. Although I'm unsure which one.

Posted Wed 30 Jan 2019 11.19 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Thu 31 Jan 2019 09.00 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Unless your local water provider only uses free chlorine as a part of their treatment, then the chlorine does not evaporate. Many treatment plants around the world use chlorine and ammonia (usually referred to as chloramination) and these combine chemically and do not evaporate off, whether when left standing or when heated. Even with free-chlorine treatment, the rate at which water will de-chlorinate depends on exposure to air, so that the chlorine has somewhere to evaporate to.

To take part, sign in or register with us