Psoriasis on soles of feet

Posted Sat 16 Feb 2019 20.00 by Shazz

I had this years ago, mainly toenails. Dr said I had verruca and treated it as such. I now have psoriasris again on soles of feet. I am being referred for light therapy. I find it so painful to walk. Every lying down, it hurts and feels like its burning. I have applied Eucerin as prescribed,, does nothing.. Skin on my soles is thick and peels away. Therefore leaving raw flesh. Any help

Posted Sun 24 Feb 2019 19.27 by Griffy

I have had this on the soles of both feet for 15 years now. I eventually had light therapy after using many different creams, gels, ointments and steriodal creams. Unfortunately, just as it was starting to improve my feet, I had a reaction to the light therapy so could not continue. Was put on Acitetrin which did not significantly help me. Have just been diagnosed now with Psoriatic Arthritis and am considering going on Methatrexate, which will, I am told, help both conditions. In the meantime, the Consultant has put me on Enstilar foam to use with Tezerotene Gel, Too early to say yet, will leave a post when I can tell. Put a frame in the bed so the bedclothes are not resting on your feet. Good luck with the light therapy

Posted Wed 27 Feb 2019 00.38 by Shazz

Aww bless Griffy. 15 years. Horrendous. Thank you. I was at dermatologist end of January. List of stuff. Diprosalic for 1 week. Enstillar foam for 3weeks. Exorex lotion once a day. Dovenex to nails (never worked in the past). Fexofenadine hydrochloride once a day to stop itch. Eucerin intense twice daily. Hydromol in shower. Capasal shampoo twice weekly. Light therapy mid march. I find the soles of my feet the worst. Its like walking on glass. Skin peeling, leaving raw flesh and it bleeds. As for in bed, I have to make a rest with my duvet so nothing touches my feet. I have been woken up in pain because I moved my feet during sleep. Please let my know if you find any release.. I will keep you informed. Again thank you and I wish you well

Posted Wed 27 Feb 2019 14.05 by Griffy

Hi Shazz, So far the Enstillar foam is really lovely to use and has started to heal the latest flare up. It is so painful on the soles, I am forever having to put dressings on my soles, which sometimes take ages to heal. I have started put on an Inadine gauze on now,, then a dressing and it seems to clear up better and help against infection. Take care

To take part, sign in or register with us