Help!

Posted Mon 25 Feb 2019 12.09 by chelsiee13

I have had Plaque Psoriasis since I was 17 and I am now 26. it started off only small patches on my elbow and knees then as time went on it went to more places down my legs and arms. I find it seems to get worse in summer and better in winter but doctors have said sun helps it i find it doesn't in my case! it was manageable at the time as it was small and not to noticeable. Now Im 26 the past few months I am now getting it everywhere my back/bum/shoulders/legs/arms/ears most days I cry and it has stopped my living my life I dont go out on nights out much i hate the summer and going away - i cover up at all times as i cant bare to look at it let alone people staring at me! the bottom of my arms I have vitiligo due to sun exposure and it looks worse then it ever did :( I'm currently on Methotrexate tablets taking 6 once a week and have some new spray moisturiser but i find nothing is working and the tablets are making me feel sick (which shouldn't be happening). Does anyone have anything that controls there Psoriasis or nearly gets rid of it , i am going to my monthly check up at the hospital and i want to try something different.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 2019 17.08 by psoriasis123

Haven't the doctors allowed UV treatment that very good and successful. But I guess the hardest thing about psoriasis is that you have to accept it, accept you've got it and accept that it dosen't matter what anyone else things about it. But generally UV treatment is good There are also strong scientific links between psoriasis and stress, try and find ways to relax like meditation or having a bath with candles. Also if you've put on weight over the winter like we all do, its good to loose some weight because fat has some pro inflammation values. Also having a diet that consist highly of vegatables like kale, and anti inflammatory berries, turmeric, fish, chia seeds, flax seeds and basically just eating healthy and staying away from sugar can stop significant flare ups. Also try and buy paraffin based moisturisers or emollients. But overall what I've learnt is to accept that I have it, I have a bit on my face and luckily I've got flaking under control and it is a little embarrassing, but you shouldn't overlook other treatments. Just stay strong!

Posted Mon 25 Feb 2019 18.17 by chelsiee13

Yeah I have had UV treatment in the past it works for a few months and then gradually comes back. I try to not let it get to me but it’s very hard not to. Thankyou for your useful tips I will try these and hope it gets better :)

Posted Tue 26 Feb 2019 20.58 by souxies

prehaps switching to the methtrexate injection may help with the sickness. It can also take a while to kick in

Posted Wed 27 Feb 2019 13.26 by chelsiee13

I didn’t no injections existed do you know how regularly you have these?

Posted Wed 27 Feb 2019 14.39 by souxies

My mum has been on them a few years as the tablets upset her stomach. She gets a few months worth after seeing her derm and it is in epi pen form. she has it once a week and keeps her skin well under control

To take part, sign in or register with us