Sunlight and saltwater works miracle for psoriasis

Posted Tue 26 Feb 2019 23.45 by southstorm

Sunlight and ocean is the best treatment for psoriasis and u wont have to spend any you just have to endure sunbathing for long hrs at the beach and soaking in the ocean.My psoriasis was so severe when i deliver my child nothing works from me from all the expensive medications to alternative natural remedies nothing works except this.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 2019 10.29 by joe
50%-ish psoriasis coverage, scalp, elbows, shoulders, back, stomach, calves, toes

I agree this works for me too when I'm on holiday. Unfortunately our local beach and sea water isn't great and we only get about a week of decent sunbathing weather each year here. I think I was born in the wrong country ;)

Posted Fri 1 Mar 2019 09.14 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I have had plaque psoriasis to greater or lesser extents since 1980. My first ever outbreak was the worst, and by the end of my university time I was covered in plaques, including my face. A couple of months after leaving I had a 2 week holiday in the sun and with plenty of swimming. Of course, the stress of my final-year exams was also gone, but the reduction in my psoriasis through and after the holiday was marked. About 3 months after that, I started a job in SE Asia, which allowed me a lot of exposure to the sun and sea. On my return to UK for leave after 6 months, people remarked at how much my psorisis had reduced. Certainly over the years since then, I have always noticed that a period of sun and sea appeared to be associated with the most noticable reductions in my psoriasis symptoms. I do not enjoy actually sun-bathing and I have always been careful as an adult to avoid severe burning. But I love walking in the sun, or sitting on a beach-chair while reading, but able to move into the shade when ever I felt too hot.

To take part, sign in or register with us