E45 no longer prescibed

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 09.22 by chg20
I have PS and PSA

My surgery tell me E45 cream has been taken of the list of "ointments" by the GMC and have now said I should use Epimax, which is only recommended for mild Ps. is any one else having a problem with this or other now longer prescribed medication.

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 13.19 by scouternorm

Good day. I live in Canada, but I see that Amazon carries this product, if it's to moisturize skin. I started using CBD oil on my plaque psoriasis about 1-1/2 years ago. I had very heavy plaque on my feet & my hands had numerous cuts, and my nails had pretty well died. As of today, most of my psoriasis has cleared up. There are some pictures here: http://www.normtoogood.ca/psoriasis.htm Good luck!

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 14.09 by alan88

Hi guys, new to this forum (just signed up) I need some advice from fellow sufferers, I have been treating patches on knee and elbows with dovonex and betnovate. I also bought a home handheld narrowband uvb lamp. I have used the lamp 6 times every day and have been using the dovonex in the morning and betnovate before bed. The plaque scales have dissappeared but I am now left with what seems like bright pink/red (raw) patches which imo look worse and stand out more, it seems using the moisturisers and ointments make the skin look even more raw!! - not what I wanted with two weeks until my holiday. Does anyone know of any advice or alternatives please. Many thanks

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 17.59 by OhNo_NotAgain?

CHG20: I am not sure which E45 cream you can no longer get on prescription, but their range seems to stiil be availble to buy from Boots, Amazon, and one "Cream" is shown on the E45 website as a licensed medicine that is also available to buy.

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 18.33 by scouternorm

alan88, read my previous post & if you can get CBD oil, apply topically. You might be amazed at the results

Posted Fri 8 Mar 2019 09.40 by alan88

Scouternorm - Thankyou for your response - is that effectively cannabis oil?? - in the U.K. I don't think its is easy to get hold of - although i would try anything so will the research where to buy.

Posted Fri 8 Mar 2019 09.51 by OhNo_NotAgain?

alan88: I am not an expert on any of this and only have my own experiences and a little of what I have read to draw upon. - did your doctor/dermatologist advise you to use theDovonex and betnovate in this way - i.e. to apply separately? (another treatment, Dovobet, is effectively the active ingredient of dovonex combined with a steroid....so the things are applied together in practice using that). - just hearing that you are using your UVB lamp six times a day SOUNDS a lot to me. - However, I have read that some steroid ointments make the skin more sensitive to sunlight and it might not be advisable to combine a topical steroid with UVB treatment? These are certainly matters I would advise you to discuss with your doctor/dermatiogist. good luck.

Posted Fri 8 Mar 2019 12.55 by scouternorm

alan88: Yes it is cannabis oil- see this article: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-44534861 Good luck!

Posted Fri 7 Aug 2020 08.06 by SeasideSmile

Scouternorm- please could you let me know which oil you use and how? Thanks 😊

To take part, sign in or register with us