Does methotrexate cause anxiety?

Posted Fri 29 Aug 2014 11.46 by psince9
genetic.

I have had scalp/ear psoriasis since I was 9. Till college (18), I ate very mild food. I had moved countries and was eating more spicy food, generally eating more and weight gain as well.At 20 I developed patches on my elbows and forehead. and soon on my knees. After a while, I began getting P on any unhealed wound. I have never had red patches. It was mostly grey silvery huge strips or sometimes powdery flakes. At 21-25 were my highest inflamed Psoriasis .So much so that my former scalp P days seemed like something I would be okay to live with. Having patches on the body was just merely aesthetically displeasing, it was so difficult, frequently itching and bleeding. Would stain my clothes as well.I began on methotrexate, i have no evidence to prove since based on life events I also developed bipolar disorder and borderline, but my psychiatrist mentioned that it was drug induced mania (side effect of antidepressants which i didn't need). Due to the mood disorder drugs, I also gained a lot of weight. Soon I was nromal and off the drugs, so I could go for Biologic drugs. I had about 40% of my body in Psoasis and began on an Indian Biologic drug. Took 10 sessions of it (it was recommended only that much). It cured my skin upto 70%.It felt it did help a lot but it relapsed almost instantly. but it was still much better than how much i was suffering. At some point I read upon the Low Salicylate diet- It was the diet So not possible for an Indian and vegetarian. It basically required to abstain from chemically processed food, all most all veggies and fruits except potatoes, pears, beans, apples, etc, all kinds of spices and condiments (except garlic and ginger- not even pepper or chilli) and dairy, white sugar,white flours were allowed. It seemed very unhealthy, but having a sweet tooth, decided to just try anyway. It helped my skin avery very very big deal and itwas no way placebo because i was dying to disprove it as it was not a feasible diet for me to avoid tomatoes, all kinds of fruits and veggies, spices especially. But I just stuck to lentils, rice, yogurts and milk. I went on a holiday and the relapse flaring skin came very quickly. I checked with my dermo and he said that is no possible to have a salicylate allergy since the topical application of salicylate works well for you. Another discovery apart from Biologics, low salicylate diet was that - baby oil. Pour and massage baby oil on wet skin when you come from a shower and then wipe off with towel. it helps keep P at bay. Does anyone else have a similar story? Do you have any side effects of your meds? Home remedies? Diet?

Posted Fri 30 Jun 2017 10.59 by annegrey

I just typed a long story and it didnt send. GRRRR

To take part, sign in or register with us