new to group

Posted Wed 15 May 2019 15.51 by charllo

HI - I'm Charllo. I'm a year older than registered because they cut off at 1929. I have had what I call rosacea for years and have had brownish dots the size of a dime or larger on my lower legs with some skin tags. Dry skin - thin skin. No doctor has ever been interested - including my dermatologist who really only looks for skin cancer - which I seem to have yearly. I just had two skin cancers removed and the latest on my nose required MOH treatment. Anyway - the condition with the slight itching and brownish spots on my lower legs all of a sudden has consumed my body - scalp included. I have yet to talk to my dermatologist about it because they have been busy with the cancer treatment. I wake up at night because my body is alive with twinges. I think I have psoriasis and I am wondering if rosacea and psoriasis are related. I am buying BLUEBERRIES today! Though ninety years old - I am not infirm. I golf - do yardwork - drive my car all over town and look forward to living to 100. I have always loved sports. Played Tennis, golfed, spent hours in the Pacific ocean as a child and loved boating. Did other sports too - lets just say I have always been active. This condition is too much. My DNA shows I have Scandinavian heritage and I read that people with rosacea usually do. I am willing to try the blueberry treatment while I wait for my next appointment with my dermatologist. Thank you for the site.

Posted Sat 18 May 2019 01.16 by wendyloish

Hi Charllo, Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune disease, and it can impact in various ways. I have been a sufferer since I was a teenager, and I was diagnosed with rosacea in my 50s. I have looked at whether there is a connection, along with connections to various other chronic conditions from which I suffer. Apart from the skin cancer problem, you sound like you are remarkably healthy for 90. Have a look at this site and you will find that often people have more than one chronic condition, and see if any of them match you. Then, if I were were you, I would give this information to my dermatologist when I show him my itchy brownish spots. You never know, you might just have developed some sort of food allergy that can be dealt with quite simply. At 90 you are already beating the odds. Perhaps you will continue to do so. Good luck. wendyloish

To take part, sign in or register with us