Living With Psoriasis.

Posted Mon 17 Jun 2019 17.39 by jersey

I’ve had psoriasis since I was 6 so about 9 years now. I had really good lotions and creams for my skin and my scalp and it cleared up nicely for a good couple years then a few years ago I had light therapy treatment which I only had to have half my treatment before it cleared up again. But for the past 6 months It has flared up again but I mainly think my stress levels have a big part in that as Mock Exams have become a big part of my life recently. But now I’m going back to have some more light therapy which should help me get clear of it once again so that I don’t have to feel self conscious anymore (I never used too but now it’s getting to me) But I have decided I’m no longer going to let me put me back as it’s part of me and I’ll have to live with it for the rest of my life.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 2019 00.46 by psoriasis123

I've just finished my actual GCSE's, but it was ironic because I had UV light therapy and it finished like 3 days before I began the most stressful 4 weeks of my life, don't think it affected my psoriasis that much. It does feel terrible to have psoriasis when you a teenager, but I don't really care now what people think, I had on my face before the UV treatment so I got used to people staring, but its the little things like wearing shorts or having an intresting haircut.

To take part, sign in or register with us