Starting biologics - experiences

Posted Sun 22 Sep 2019 15.39 by gmoore3110
Psoriasis sufferer since I was 14

Hi, I was on methotrexate for 4 years, but when it stopped working I was moved to cyclosporin. It worked great but unfortunately gave me a bad liver so I had to stop immediately. I was told I’d likely be moved to biologics, but not straight away and I’d have to wait 6 weeks for another appointment and for my bloods to improve. Since then my flare up has been unbelievable! I’ve been in touch with my consultant to try and speed up the process, which I hope they can. I’m wondering what people’s experiences are of moving onto biologics? Did you have to go for several appointments before starting the treatment? How long was the process? And how long before you started seeing results? I’m desperate, as we all are, to find a long term effective solution which is as safe as possible. I’ve tried loads of creams, ointments, PUVA, methotrexate, cyclosporin, and even the all natural vegan diet! Thanks!

Posted Sun 22 Sep 2019 18.57 by scouternorm

My wife has been on Tremfya for almost a year. Her scalp psoriasis is almost gone, her hand eczema/psoriasis is greatly improved, and the plaque on the soles of her feet is slowly disappearing. She hasn't had any adverse reactions, and gets a shot every 8 weeks. Good luck!

Posted Tue 24 Sep 2019 22.55 by Rairai18

I was moved onto biologics a few months ago after having side effects with methotrexate for the third time! It took just over a month before I was given my appointment and then another month following that until I received my medication and started taking it. Ive now been on humira for 3ish months to no avail. Dermatologist was honestly shocked when I walked in and there had been no change. They are now discussing which medication I will be moving onto to try a second biological. I’m not giving up yet but I do hope you have more luck than I have so far!!

To take part, sign in or register with us