methotrexate??? any good

Posted Thu 24 Oct 2019 22.19 by psoriasis123

I had UV light therapy before the summer and I was psoriasis free for a few months over the summer which was great but it really has come back quite quickly since its started getting colder. And I had my follow up with the derm, and she suggested methotrexate to get it "under control" I don't get what is means to be under control any way thats beside the point. But have you guys found methotrexate effective any weird side affects.

Posted Fri 25 Oct 2019 15.35 by Capper1941

I’ve been taking Arava (Leflunomide) 20 mg. For over 20 years and it clears the psoriatic Arthritis up completely. No side effects after 30 days. Just be patient and it will work.

Posted Sat 26 Oct 2019 15.54 by charmarr

I have been on Methotrexate for three months.This was to replace Cyclosporin I had been on for eighteen months. It has been effective for me so far with a few minor sie effects. If you start taking it you will have to have liver function tests regularly You only take the prescribed dose weekly,so Make sure you set up something to remind you. Hope this helps.

Posted Sun 27 Oct 2019 01.09 by ScottD

I use methotrexate for psoriasis and has done wonders for my skin but side effects can be unforgiving some days

Posted Sun 27 Oct 2019 11.08 by charmarr

What side affects to you suffer if you don't mind me asking?

Posted Sun 27 Oct 2019 22.05 by ScottD

Hi I get nausea on a regular basis, migraines normally the day after I take it, hair is starting to thin and fatigue and tiredness not the worst of the ones you could get but worth coping with

Posted Sun 27 Oct 2019 22.21 by charmarr

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time.My consultant told me if Methotraxate has a bad effect she would consider a course of injections with some other treatment. I guess I have been lucky with the treatment given to me. For four months I could not sleep for more than an hour each day because of itching and skin peeling.My Consultant put me on Cyclosporin and within five days it changed my life.. I am now on Methotraxate. because Cyclosporin is having an effect on my kidney function. Don't give up.I thought there was nothing that could help me.I am blessed to have the most wonderful Consultant I could have wished for.

To take part, sign in or register with us