Thoughts on at home UVB?

Posted Fri 25 Oct 2019 01.09 by Thealouise

Hi all. UVB therapy has worked wonders for my skin in the past- clearing completely. My UVB therapy was carried out in a ‘walk in’ unit in a hospital, therefore my scalp never got treated by the light therapy. I have been researching handheld devices that I could use on my scalp and have discovered the MBS Phillips Hand Held unit with Philips PL01 Narrowband 9w Tube. I am wondering if anyone has used this or anything similar and would care to share their experiences! Thank you in advance :)

Posted Fri 25 Oct 2019 14.20 by wrosie111

Hey! I have had two UVB treatments in the past - the first one worked amazingly, I could hardly believe how well it worked, even after the third session I saw results! I even thought that it had cured me as the results lasted around three years (with minor flare ups). However it came back and this lead to numerous appointments with the GP (who love to throw steroid cream at you insisting you don't need to talk to any dermatologists), I eventually got referred to a dermatologist and then another session of UVB. This worked amazingly again and it was such a relief, I cant tell you how nice it was to feel my soft skin on my neck instead of dry scaly patches. This again lasted for about a year, I am now going through another bad flare up and am in the process of being referred to yet another dermatologist. (I have had to use steroids because of how bad this flare up is!) But I am so fed up with the long waiting lists for referrals and am very keen on using an at home solution instead! I have been researching, and supposedly you can buy cheap second hand tanning bed WITHOUT the original light bulbs and replace them with UVB bulbs. This saves a LOT of money as the beds are in the thousands, I was also wondering if anyone knew anymore information on this or if they have any for sale?? Thank youuu :)

Posted Tue 5 Nov 2019 14.20 by Will 67

Hi Please be careful with old converted sunbeds, And if you get do get one make sure you get the right bulbs. Philips 100w/tl01 uvb medical, they cost about £75 each. The best ones to buy are MBS. I have a nine tube one which cost £1580 back in May. Its only been used 4 times. Only reason im selling is due to other medical conditions. All paperwork, goggles invoice's. £1200 ono.

Posted Tue 5 Nov 2019 14.27 by Thealouise

I would be interested in buying this,Will. Please drop me an email - thealouiseallen@outlook.com

To take part, sign in or register with us