Cyclosporine

Posted Thu 18 Dec 2014 20.27 by Roon150879
I have suffered from psoriasis sporadically for approximately 20 years, with outbreaks severe and lasting one year or more.

Hi all, I've suffered from psoriasis for the past twenty tears, with outbreaks lasting approximately a year or two. It returned just after the birth of my son jut over a year ago and developed severely over my torso and is spreading to limbs. Anyway I have recently been prescribed cyclosporine. The current, starting dose is 150mg daily which I have been told is low. From your experiences is this too low? Do you think it will still work? I am a female just over five foot and weigh about 8 and a half stone if that helps with any dosage questions. Thanks in advance x

Posted Fri 19 Dec 2014 00.50 by jaz1992

hiya, im on ciclosporin too, i take 100mg in the morning and 100mg at night, ive been on it for over a year, i used to take 50mg morn and night but they upped the dose. i dont think your dose is low as it depends on your weight etc im about 8 stone and 5 foot 8. my doctor wanted to up the dose more as it keeps the psoriasis from spreading but doesnt really improve it. but because of my weight etc this is the highest dose im alowed to take. just see how it goes for a while and providing your blood tests are okay your doctor might up the dose when you next see him. best of luck jaz

To take part, sign in or register with us