Why is it back. Cant deal

Posted Sun 21 Dec 2014 23.51 by jsnape22
Only started last January. Has affected me for about 6months and then went away suddenly. Now has recently come back as bad as before

I got diagnosed with guttate psoriasis in January last year. It started very suddenly and for no reason. I had never had it before or a family history. It got very bad, red and ichy and covering my whole body. I got given puva light treatment which lasted about 3 months and worked really well. After that it was almost gone. It can back briefly over summer but went very quickly. Since then I have had nothing and almost forgot about it. Until just this last week it very suddenly came back. now I am covered again. It looks so horrible and is red and ichy and my face has had an outbreak of acne. I just cant deal anymore. I dont know If i can face having to have light treatment again.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 2015 15.09 by lucykavanagh21
I have had psoriasis since I was six months old but wasn't diagnosed until I was 10 years old, due to misdiagnosis. I have been trying to co

Hi. I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a flare up, believe me, I know how that feels. I've had psoriasis since I was six months old, and at 21 years old, I still get flare ups now. I was also given PUVA light treatment when I was 17 and the same thing happened to me. It went really well for a while but then it came back. Don't worry though, just speak to your GP/Dermotologist and see what other options are avaliable. I have had oitments, creams, coal tar treatments, light treatments, tablets and most recently injections. You will find a treatment that works for you so don't lose heart. They can't make you do a treatment again if you don't think you can face it xx

To take part, sign in or register with us