Soratinex

Posted Sun 5 Apr 2020 17.09 by Charlie24

I have just seen an advert for the above on Facebook and am wary about things I see on there as to whether there is any truth to them. I have checked the price and it is expensive but I will pay if it does the job. I have had pustular psoriasis for the past 6 years on the sole of my foot. I have tried all the creams, potions, light treatment and diet. The past year I have managed to keep it at a “coping level” with just 1 anti-histamine tablet a day which seems to have some success but this past couple of weeks it has really flared up and is now so bad it is waking me up at night with a terrible burning sensation. Any feedback good or bad would be welcome. Thank you

Posted Sun 5 Apr 2020 17.14 by Becki

I wouldn’t waste your money. It might soothe plaques but it will do literally nothing for your P. Have you heard of Enstillar spray? You can get that on Prescription from the doctors. Also, a good one for feet, cover them in moisturiser (I use QV cream from the drs again) then wrap in cling film and then put socks on. All this before bed and then when you wake up they’re nice and soft. I have P on the bottom of my feet but I’m intrigued to ask, why you use a antihistamine and how it helps? Might be a new one for me! :) x

Posted Sun 5 Apr 2020 19.08 by Charlie24

Thanks for that insight. As to the antihistamine, I don’t usually suffer from hay fever but last year I had a continuous runny nose and was itching everywhere. I thought I would try an antihistamine to see if that stopped the itching as it was driving me mad. I never really thought about my psoriasis but after a few months I noticed that I was getting fewer flare ups and walking was becoming less painful. I carried on with the antihistamine and by September when we went on holiday I was able to wear flip flops (unheard of before as foot too sore). I had given up alcohol the year before to see if that helped the psoriasis but on holiday I chanced having a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and found that there was no effect on my foot. The psoriasis never completely went but was completely manageable until this current flare up which started a couple of weeks ago and is now back to how it was at the beginning of last year. Just sitting in a chair with my foot resting on the floor is painful. I have now resorted to steroid cream and there is a slight improvement but I think it is just a question of wait and see. I will certainly try Enstillar. I usually use Epiderm as I find this is the best cream for me.

Posted Mon 6 Apr 2020 13.35 by JancisK

I just wanted to say that although I have no experience of pustular psoriasis, Soratinex did more than just soothe my plaque psoriasis - it completely cleared it and I have barely had to use it over the last year. The initial cost was expensive, but having had psoriasis all my life I would gladly have paid much more.

Posted Mon 6 Apr 2020 14.09 by Charlie24

So nice to hear a success story. I think it is probably the same old thing that what works for some does nothing for others.

Posted Fri 10 Apr 2020 16.55 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

I'm actually not that surprised about antihistomine use. Dampening down your bodies reaction to irritants would probably be beneficial to some degree even if it helps reduce the itch. Itching definitely makes my skin worse

Posted Thu 2 Jul 2020 21.11 by Lizzie

Soratinex has been the most successful long term treatment for me. I still get a few patches but definitely not severe. I have had psoriasis for most of my life and tried every topical and dietary treatments. Soratinex has been the most successful. It’s expensive but if you can afford to try it it’s worth it.

Posted Mon 27 Jul 2020 18.43 by Mo

I am currently trialing Soratinex, no major improving as yet just more inflamed looking and itchy. For people who have used it, is it a worse before it gets better treatment?.

Posted Fri 4 Sep 2020 16.35 by Sal

Hi, I’ve not responded to forums before but as a person who has had progressively increasing coverage of psoriasis ranging from full scalp, torso and legs for over 20 years, I can safely say, I have tried lots and lots of creams and lotions to try and control this horrible disease. Nothing has really helped and certainly when something has helped, it has been very short lived. I am sure everyone can relate to this and understand when something new comes along, we get excited and give it a go with the usual disappointment. So, when I read about Soratinex, I was sceptical but as with you, desperate to give it a try. So, this is expensive, so far I have ordered three large packs and will need one further large pack until I reach the end of the recommended 8 week course. At £131.40 a pack, you can work out the cost. I have concentrated on my torso (my husband has been amazing), wetting my skin, applying the gel, sponging off, then applying the cream and oil, twice daily for just over 6 weeks. I cannot say my psoriasis has got worse at any stage, parts improved quickly and other parts are still visible so I am happy to continue. I have no scales on any treated area, very small bits of redness but lots and lots of new white lovely skin. Hardly any itching and certainly no sore ugly bloody areas I had before. I am going to finish 8 weeks and I will then move to once a week going forward. I don’t know if this is how the treatment is supposed to work as the instructions aren’t clear, but if you have itchy, sore, red and bloody psoriasis and you have some money, give this a try. It is a major faf to apply but so far, I would say it has been successful. I know there is no cure, but this has certainly addressed my major concerns so far. I will write again in 6 weeks after my last 2 weeks plus 4 weeks only using Soratinex weekly and let you know how it is. I am going to move to my scalp as well but feel the oil might cause issues but I will give it a go. Happy to post before and after photos but thought best to see if the improvement continues when I stop applying twice a day. I hope this is useful.

To take part, sign in or register with us