Moisturisers

Posted Wed 8 Apr 2020 20.40 by Rach98

Hello! Has anyone found any non prescription body moisturizers that help maintain skin well when its clear, not during a flare up? Just looking something for general use that maybe helps stop flare ups

Posted Wed 8 Apr 2020 22.17 by FairyDust

Hi Rach98 I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well during this difficult time. The best moisturiser for me is Hydrous Ointment AKA Oily cream. it’s available without prescription. It keeps my skin feeling soft and supple. I hope you are able to get it. It’s quite cheap to buy too which helps a lot as I go through tons of the stuff Hope this helps

Posted Thu 9 Apr 2020 16.22 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

I have used Enopen for years on prescription which I believe can be purchased non prescription but slightly more expensive. Good luck

Posted Mon 13 Apr 2020 01.21 by Roo92

Palmers cocoa butter formula! Amazing stuff!!

Posted Fri 17 Apr 2020 13.26 by Jane

Hi Rach98 I use Johnson's baby oil with Aloe Vera i put it in the bath or put it on after a shower ! Jane

Posted Sat 25 Apr 2020 14.50 by Kim

HI, at the moment I am using Aveeno the one with almond oil, seems to be working for me. However, having read about CeraVE, I'm thinking of giving that a go as it has hyaluronic acid. I didn't know this, but this ingredient helps maintain skin hydration and gives skin a moisture boost.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 2020 17.21 by Talia

Baby oil is good better than most moisturisers. I put this on my scalp once per week. I think Aveno in long tube one in the blue stripe rather than green stripe. Seems to keep me moisturised for most of the day.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 2020 01.16 by Lupatria

i've used m&s royal jelly with honey moisturiser for years. up until now it's kept my psoriasis on my elbow under control but recently the psoriasis is winning. i bought some aveeno moisturiser too which is helping a bit. i've had psoriasis on my scalp (inverted "t") for many years but just leave that untreated. my immune system is still recovering from an operation in january to remove one of my kidneys as it had cancer so i expect that's why my elbow is flaring badly right now although the covid-19 situation isn't helping either.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 2020 11.48 by Rach98

Thank you! I'm definitely going to try these :)

Posted Wed 29 Apr 2020 05.50 by Sofiaxx99

Hi I’ve been using Childs farm moisturiser for over a year now and it’s amazing honestly. I would scratch my self in my sleep and wake up with blood on my clothes every day , from the first use it was honestly a miracle. I totally recommend this I’m trying to find some other cream aswell but scared to get a bad reaction

To take part, sign in or register with us