Psoriasis on face

Posted Fri 10 Apr 2020 08.15 by Jen R

Hi, sorry if this has been posted already... I have guttate psoriasis and have just come out of my second lot of UVB light treatment following an all over flare up last year. For the most part it’s cleared everywhere else, but not on my face. My whole face is red and sore - I’ve used eumovate previously (prescribed) but that just made it come back worse when stopping. I’ve recently used Dermalex but yet to see how that goes over a longer period. I wear make up daily for work (boots no7) because my skin looks so awful I can’t bear to not cover it. Does anyone have any advice on face creams/treatments/psoriasis friendly make up ?? Thanks, Jen :)

Posted Fri 10 Apr 2020 11.24 by Mike Quigley - 57 from

Hi Jen. H I have guttate psoriasis and have been using uvb bed at home for last 5 weeks which has cleared my body. But like you I had stubborn areas on my face area such as forehead, nose and upper lip areas. What I found was the simplest of solutions after using a varied array of organic shea butter,nivea and other expensive creams which were all quoted and reviewed as excellent to ease facial psoriasis. Got so bad at one time I used dermovex and streiod creams which made it a lot worse. Anyway my routine is as follows wash my face gently with luke warm water and dove sensitive, let face dry naturally do not pat or rub whatsoever. Then use general all round Vaseline. I know it sounds stupid and too simple but honestly it works you got to be persistent however. I did it morning and night for 2 weeks and it completely cleared. At night put a little extra on as some of it comes into contact with the pillowcase and you loose some. Try it and let me know how you get on. Stay safe. Mike 👍

Posted Mon 13 Apr 2020 01.01 by Roo92

Hi Jen! I too suffer with bouts on my face, which is a nightmare. Usually eyebrows, around the hairline and on my face just below my earlobes. I'm a teacher, so getting it under control having to speak to 100s of kids and staff every day is really important. This skincare works for me, but as we know, we are all different.... Every day I will remove any makeup with a hot cloth cleanser. Sometimes I use Liz Earle, but the Lacura ones from Aldi work exactly the same. At the moment I am using the pink clay which is fab. I let it air dry and then I use "Victoria beauty" cannabis moisturiser (God send!) Which I get from Amazon. Once a week I will do the same with a hot cloth but then do an exfoliation with "nip fab" glycolic fix. It is a thick scrub but it's really gentle on your skin. After this, I then use a dead sea mud mask from "essence of arcadia" in the lavender fragrance (This may sting so need to be careful if face is really sore!). I then wash it all off, air dry and then moisturise. If I'm just having a bit of a dry skin day palmers cocoa butter formula works nice too. In terms of make up, I use rimmel lasting finish as a liquid foundation (After extensive research this has been the best by a mile!). If you use powder the best 3 for me for coverage and moisture are "mally", "artdeco hydra mineral compact foundation" or "Laura gella- baked balance N brighten". I use the "ordinary" products primer before all makeup as well as it is so moisturizing. I hope all this helps. I absolutely know the struggle but can gladly say that I am on top of it now I know what works for me! Stay safe 😊

To take part, sign in or register with us