severe scalp psoriasis

Posted Thu 16 Apr 2020 15.59 by glol

Hi! I'm 27 and have had psoriasis since i was 18, it's been on and off, but currently suffering the worst i've ever had it, i'm sure down to the stress of covid-19. Anyway i'm really struggling particularly with my scalp, it is COMPLETELY covered. Doctor has just given me some Betacap and i use T-gel shampoo, however i genuinely have chunks of hair falling out. I'm trying not to touch my scalp, and have been doing a coconut oil mask every other day, but any other tips for products/how i should wear my hair/how often i should brush it and wash it would be really helpful as getting a bit prang of how much hair i'm losing. Keep safe and thanks! xx

Posted Sun 19 Apr 2020 21.02 by Sara12
Hi all!! Diagnosed as a young teen 16 years ago, looking to share experiences and tips xx

Hi, I have used Diprosalic on my scalp for years and swear by it! Mine can get pretty bad but I have defo seen worse however Diprosalc works very quickly and the results last ages before it comes back. I appreciate what works for 1 may not work for someone else but could be worth asking your GP? I had a before and after pic but don’t think I can upload on here. Wishing you luck x

Posted Mon 27 Apr 2020 09.50 by Ria24

I've also just had a bad flare up on my scalp and been prescribed Betacap (only on day 1) but I also us Capasal Shampoo which had been good for me. I've been told to try the Betacap for 7 day twice a day then, 7 days at once a day and if I'm still suffering speak to my doctor again. I'll keep Dirosalic in mind if this doesn't work. Xx

To take part, sign in or register with us