Foods - the good, the bad and the ugly

Posted Mon 20 Apr 2020 11.47 by Sarahemss

Hello! I have been suffering with psoriasis since october was diagnosed in Feb and tried all sorts of creams and oils etc from the doctors. Nothing seems to be working and its getting a lot worse, probably because of stress and as you will know that’s a vicious circle. I am now interested to know if theres any foods that have made your condition better or worse? I’ve started eating blueberries as I read they are good but is there anything else I should be eating or cutting out of my diet to help ease the condition? Thanks in advance!

Posted Wed 29 Apr 2020 23.39 by Louh87

Hi I an suffering with guttate psoriasis, and for 5 months have been trying all sorts to try calm it down, since I had to stop using enstilar foam it all came back but with revenge, I have been reading all sorts trying to find something that might work, I have looked into tumeric capsules, I got them from amazon high strength, I've cut out alcohol, make homemade smoothie everyday, and eating healthy, it's only been a couple of days so will let you know if helps, I hope it does!!

Posted Sun 7 Jun 2020 20.22 by Kim

Hi, I am eating a lot of greens and oily fish. Avoid any nightshades (potatoes, aubergines and peppers). I also drink a lot of green tea, black herbal tea and have cut out English tea and fizzy drinks. No dairy, no junk funk (they say no deep fried foods) and have gone gluten free. Although I am slightly missing certain foods, my skin has cleared up, yet I am very cautious when I'm feeling itchy but this has decreased with my diet. I keep a food diary especially when I am slowly returning to certain foods to check what are the possibilities if I get a flare up. Hope this helps. At the moment, I'm looking into what type of bread I can eat as I think yeast is a flare up too.... any ideas folks?

To take part, sign in or register with us