Emollient/moisturiser recommendation

Posted Fri 1 May 2020 13.19 by Kay

Hi - first time on here to ask a question I have scalp psoriasis and have been using Dovobet gel. The consultant recommended using an emollient /moisturiser in between treatments but didn't recommend any particular one to get. Would appreciate any help with this as I would like to moisturise to calm the itching and tightness. Thanks

Posted Fri 1 May 2020 13.34 by scarletsmummy

HI Kay I have had scalp psoriasis for over 30 years and have used various treatments including the dovobet gel . I used dermol 500 once a week and just rubbed it into my scalp left it on for a couple of hours and then washed it off , you can do it as often as you want but will need to wash it off Hope you get some relief

Posted Fri 1 May 2020 13.40 by Kay

Thanks for your quick response. Will give it a try. Fingers crossed.

Posted Sun 9 Aug 2020 09.25 by SharonG

@Kay Please have a look at this - I have read that it helps with scalp psoriasis. I have used it on my 'feet' pustular psoriasis - I try anything :( Cocois is for the treatment of dry scaly skin disorders of the scalp such as psoriasis, eczema, dandruff and other inflammatory conditions causing irritation and scaliness.

Posted Sun 9 Aug 2020 13.31 by Kay

Thanks Sharon. Much appreciated

Posted Sat 24 Oct 2020 17.40 by Laidlaw1

I have had psoriasis for about thirty years now and have tried loads of moisturisers but more recently I have been using Vaseline Advanced Repair but have been adding in some extra standard Vaseline into the moisturiser before I apply it. I find this keeps my skin moisturised really well all day. Because I am mixing additional Vaseline into the moisturiser, it doesn’t leave my clothes sticking to my skin. As many of us know Vaseline isn’t practical for day use but adding a fingertip full of Vaseline to the moisturiser has worked for me.

To take part, sign in or register with us