Stubborn scalp psoriasis, help!

Posted Thu 14 May 2020 23.24 by Pso_be_gone

Hi everyone, I need some advice on any natural remedies that help keep psoriasis on the scalp at a manageable level please. I’ve tried every medicated shampoo, cream you name it and it’s really getting me down. I can’t remember the last time I wore my hair up and the constant fear of the wind blowing incase people see the dry skin in the side of my hair line it’s embarrassing :( On a more positive note, I did used to have my elbows covered and my wrist but recently this disappeared out of no where. I can’t help but think cutting alcohol out my diet And regular exercise helped with this. If anyone has any tips for scalp psoriasis home treatments anyway let me know it would be much appreciated :) Thanks

Posted Sun 17 May 2020 00.24 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Try coconut oil (or olive oil). My scalp is really bad and the only way I keep the scale down is using this every night. Put it on scalp patches, wrap in cling film and wash out in the morning. Not a cure but keeps the scaling and dryness down x

To take part, sign in or register with us