Heightened risk of Covid 19 due to Psoriasis treatments

Posted Fri 22 May 2020 19.55 by Steven82

Hi all, I was due for some light treatment to start in March but with the current situation that was cancelled. I do have some Enstilar Foam that was prescribed when I was waiting for the light treatment but I’m unsure if topical steroids can effect your susceptibility with regards to Covid19. Has anyone spoken to a doctor or have any insight either way as to the potential effect? Many thanks Steven

Posted Fri 22 May 2020 20.27 by horace77

I am NOT medically qualified but I am nervous of steroids, NHS rely on them too much. My wife was being treated for a brain tumour when she had a minor epileptic fit and the hospital gave her a small regular dose of steroids. 2 weeks later they decided it was wrong and gradually took her off (it was not possible quickly) but the damage was done and her immune system damaged (I am told steroids do damage the immune system) Within 2 months she was very much worse and the low immune system plus a winter chest infection in a care home caused her to pass away. My response is to always be careful of steroids. I have been given Emovate cream I read including steroids and it works on the psoriasis on the backs of my hands but i have only used it 2 or 3 times very lightly. In my experience you need to protect yourself against the NHS. Their are many who do not know!

Posted Fri 22 May 2020 23.53 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Hi!! I recommend Epiderm lotion or cream It wont cure it but calms the skin down. Rgds Tony

Posted Wed 17 Jun 2020 19.20 by BracKeN

Hi Steven, Just to put your mind at rest, I work in the local hospital and use Enstilar foam on and off as required. I recently had an antibody test that came back positive for covid 19. I had no symptoms other than swollen lymph nodes that indicated I was fighting an infection. So I can confirm that it had no effect on me. Kind regards, Dan

To take part, sign in or register with us