Fed up of everything

Posted Tue 3 Feb 2015 16.09 by lucykavanagh21
I have had psoriasis since I was six months old but wasn't diagnosed until I was 10 years old, due to misdiagnosis. I have been trying to co

Hey, I could really do with some help... I've suffered from psoriasis since I was about six months old, so you'd think twenty-one years would be long enough to cope with it. Everytime my psoriasis clears and flares up, my emotions do the same: One minute I'd be happy then the next moment I'd feel down and depressed... I've been on Humira Injections for about two years and it had done my skin wonders! However, my psoriasis has started to flare up pretty bad and it's gotten to the point where I'm fed up all of the time. I feel useless at work, I feel like my friends and family only want to spend time with me because they feel sorry for 'the scabby girl'. I'm really aware when strangers stare at me and make snidey comments... What can I do to stop feeling like this??

Posted Tue 3 Mar 2015 10.20 by Claire88 (edited Thu 19 Mar 2015 01.08 by minshaff)
I was diagnosed with psoriasis 11 years ago following tonsilitis. I have phototherapy and have been pretty much clear ever since. I recently

Hi lucy I know exactly how you are feeling. I have recently had a flare up of my whole body. I too feel very up and down. Mostly down. I've not been leaving the house as I am too self conscious. I am sick of people telling me to stop worrying as it will make it worse and to stop scratching. I too am looking for something to make to stop feeling like this. I am due to get married in a few months. I feel like cancelling the whole thing. Don't feel alone. I'm sure there are plenty of other people feeling this way. I wish there was more support for suffers from healthcare setting.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 2015 10.03 by mantel (edited Thu 19 Mar 2015 01.08 by mrallison)
yes

go to your doctor ask to change stelara one of the bio's,and then ask your doctor for someone to talk to,then find your self a boyfriend with psoriasis, i was very lucky, i found my self a wife who's sister has psoriasis. the red patch's do not frighten her.the depression try and get your doctor to treat it. the snidey comments are difficult to deal with,being a bloke i always confront the person saying it,

Posted Wed 25 Mar 2015 19.47 by Rave
Skin rashes

I have omitted vegetable oil from my diet with some success. Its still early days but I think i'm winning the psoriasis battle. Vegetable oils are refined using solvent to extract the oil from the produce used. Extra virgin olive oil is mechanically pressed so is prob ok... I am not a doctor or expert... but checking the ingredients of all food for any oils (other than Extra Vergin Olive Oil) and omitting the contaminated foods from my diet appears to be working with some success. I am on week 3 of the no oil diet with a 30% improvement....

To take part, sign in or register with us