Methotrexate and psoriatic arthritis

Posted Thu 2 Jul 2020 16.59 by Nickir

Hi. I have PSA and have been on methotrexate and benepali injections for 12mths. I have been psoriasis free and my arthritis is bearable. However on my last 2 blood tests my liver function tests have been too high and my consultant has now taken me off methotrexate. I am worried my psoriasis will come back. Has anyone had any experience when coming off the tablets or any tips. Thanks

Posted Fri 17 Jul 2020 11.22 by PsoAdminMod

Hi Nickir, If you would like some information/ advice about coming off a treatment feel free to get in touch with our helpline. Our members of staff will be happy to advise on your potential options should you experience a flare. You can contact us by phone on 01604 251 620, email at mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk or WhatsApp on 07387 716 439. Best Wishes, Amber, Psoriasis Association

Posted Sat 18 Jul 2020 15.41 by Mac

Hi Nickir. Yes i was taken of MTX too, and had too come of for the same reasons as your self. I was on 20mg when it started too hit my liver, i came of it for a few weeks then back on at 15mg got a couple of months on it till my liver results started climbing again. This time they took me of it for a month, and put me back on it at 10mg and things are looking ok. At my next rheumatology appointment i'm going to ask if i can try 12.5mg, and see how that goes. As you can see you might beable to stay on it at a lower dose.

To take part, sign in or register with us