psoriasis cleared after illness

Posted Fri 17 Jul 2020 18.13 by merlin1
have had it for many years on back of arms elbows knees back and scalp

i thought i would share this with you. i february 2020 i became infected with celulites i my right leg very painful unable to work.now i am an acute psoriasis sufferer.all over my lower back my buttocks,back of my arms legs etc.whilst getting my leg treatedto help clear my infection,which meant visits to my local leg clinic.this had to stop re covid-19,so i did the treatment myself at home.now while this has taken a while to heal,i started to noticed that for the first time in years,my psoriasis started to clear! how wonderful.had not changed my diet and hadnt been treating the psoriasis,did nothing re psoriasis at all!now my leg has all but cleared up,guess what? the psoriasis has come back.i just wondered wether my immune system put all its efforts to fight the cellulites infection that somehow it affected the psoriasis..i really have no other explanation!any thoughts?

Posted Fri 17 Jul 2020 18.27 by Mike Quigley - 57 from

Very interesting and you could be right. I had similar to you last March Cellulitis in my leg which turned to Sepsis. Had mild little psoriasis on my legs however 10 months later I was covered with acute psoriasis all over my body. I suspect similar that my immune system was fighting sepsis but had now over reacted and psoriasis 10 months later had gone crazy all over my body. Tried loads of creams and even oral steroids prescribed by my GP but none worked. Finally found a treatment that worked and cleared 95% of it up. Uvb light treatment. It worked so well I bought the unit and keep it at bay with this method. Good luck Mike

Posted Fri 17 Jul 2020 18.48 by merlin1
have had it for many years on back of arms elbows knees back and scalp

thanks for replying i will look into the uvb treatment

Posted Sun 26 Jul 2020 18.29 by Good44Us

Yes! Uvb light treatment works amazingly! I now just have a tanning membership and use the beds with more uvb and go twice a week for 15 minutes each time. Have a nice tan and psoriasis is gone.

To take part, sign in or register with us