Help with Psoriasis

Posted Thu 6 Aug 2020 12.18 by Psoriasis Life

Hi all, I have been suffering with Psoriasis now for about 6 months. I have it everywhere on my body. I am currently waiting for UV Sunbeds to help me out, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone could recommend any products to help my skin. Please bear in mind I have very sensitive skin! Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 6 Aug 2020 12.36 by scarletsmummy

I have had psoriasis for about 30 years and have tried all the lotions and potions on the market along with the uv bed, it's trial an error I'm afraid what works for one person may not suit everyone, I have recently used a cream based on honey and it helped for a while but now I am back to square one, the most potent creams are based on steroids but for me they are the only ones which do anything. Good luck

Posted Sat 15 Aug 2020 11.24 by modab

I have very sensitive skin at the moment, only thing that seems to calm skin down is oats. I soak them 1st then blend and strain (in a sock).. mines are big patches so apply directly and leave it to dry.. but they say you can have bath, not hot water as it may inflame skin more, and just put sock with oats in it. I am also on detox diet but that takes time.. Hope it helps

Posted Wed 19 Aug 2020 10.40 by LJeffersonJ

Hi, Before I was put on meds I my condition flared up out of the blue and was very severe. I tried all the prescribed lotions the docs would throw at me, as well as some sensitive moisturisers, natural remedies but eventually ran out of things to try. The only thing I could do to help sooth my skin was bathe, as you mentioned. I put my double-base into the medium heat bath and some Epsom salts, this really helped exfoliating as well. I also liked to make a natural face mask, simply natural yogurt and the leaves from a green tea bag and leave for 10 mins. At the height of my issues I was bathing every other night. Now I also include some of the medicated shampoo in the bath as well. I hope this is a little helpful and that things get better, I know how horrible this conditions is! L :)

To take part, sign in or register with us