Skin stuff by stinky stuff

Posted Sat 8 Aug 2020 16.34 by Philippa

Has anyone tried this? Seen it on FB and seems to have very good reviews for psoriasis

Posted Sun 9 Aug 2020 11.23 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Looking at their website it is just a moisturiser. It is touted as "natural" and a quick look at the ingredients it shows it contains Linalol and Limonene. These are alcohols used as fragrance and Limonene CAN cause allergic reaction and even contact-dermatitis in some people. Limomene allergy is a recognised condition in the UK. It also contains Citronellol - also with a significant potential for skin reactions. I have seen on some websites the manufacturers of "green beauty products" say that despite these warnings the "versions" of these substances found in "natural essential oils" do not cause skin reactions. Personally I prefer to use non-fragranced moisturiser, or with less chemical-based fragrances. I have used DoubleBase Gel, Doublebase Dayleve gel, and Childs Farm products with good results - and by good results, I mean good moisturisiong, relief of itching. It might be an age-related thing, but I simply do not trust adverts, product claims and product reviews found on facebook.

Posted Sun 9 Aug 2020 19.54 by Philippa

Thank you very helpful

Posted Sun 31 Jan 2021 16.56 by Vonnie08

Hi New to this site I tried the skinstuff from Stinkystuff and made no difference to my psoriasis if anything feel it flared it up more at times

Posted Thu 11 Mar 2021 12.40 by Loopylou1909

I recently purchased following all the miracle reviews I saw on Facebook. It has made mine worse, much worse! My cslp is full of crust, flaky and itchy. Horrific! May have worked for some but total opposite for me :-(

2 Posted Fri 30 Apr 2021 12.07 by Georgia

It's really helped my skin! And looking at the ingredients it definitely is 100% natural. I've been applying it daily for about a month and my skins almost free from any red patches!

Posted Sat 1 May 2021 09.16 by june

Hi everyone,I'm not using dairy products anymore, or soya based products,I started having Oatley milk on my cereal,and in my coffee, which I must say is very nice , but is horrible in tea .Can anyone recommend a good substitute , that tastes nice in tea? I'm starting by working on the inside, what I eat l think it's a lot to do with aggravating skin conditions.

Posted Tue 4 May 2021 01.00 by Wiltsmum

Oatly barista is nice in hot drinks

Posted Thu 13 Jul 2023 17.30 by Moudsie

You need to try the real item, all natural products. The Skin Stuff (https://www.theskinstuff.com/)--the specklegreen cream. I only use their products for my face and body. I have very sensitive skin and have "enjoyed" eczema, psoriasis, and now the joys of pruritus. I have tried over the counter cortisone/hydrocortisone creams, both over the counter and prescription--none really stopped the intense itching. Even taking a shower was awful--the hot water hitting my legs especially was painful. I tried the specklegreen and OMG it was amazing--it hydrates and stops the itching and is good for other things--my great nephew got a bad sunburn and his parents put this cream on him--next day--sunburn gone. I did have an area on one eyebrow that was itchy and some hairs fell out (they grew back) and that had to be the psoriasis (it used to be on my heels and was painful it hurt to walk, then moved up to thighs and chest and arms and finally face). Washing my face with the face wash and using the creams after took care of that. Good thing is it's so concentrated you don't need to use a lot. Good luck!

To take part, sign in or register with us