tests to diagnose Psoriasis

Posted Tue 18 Aug 2020 14.13 by annu68
hi all iam annupamaa and live in india. i ve been diagnosed with psoriasis since june 2019.

hi all! iam new here. was diagnosed with psoriasis last year by my ayurvedic practitioner. he is very experienced so i know i must not doubt his diagnosis.. yet id like to know if there are any tests(blood, urine, imaging such as scans etc)to confirm it is psoriasis and not eczema as my allopathic dermatologist claimed.? it would help clear my head and know iam being treated for the right problem. Thanks all for listening in:)

Posted Tue 18 Aug 2020 18.25 by Steview (edited Tue 18 Aug 2020 18.26 by Steview)
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Hello Annupamaa, I don't know what ayurvedic is, will have to look it up. OK got it now an alternative medicine medic. I don't know of any test unless something has come along recently. If you have symptoms of Psoratic Arthritis I believe there may be a blood test to prove there is inflammation. That may not be applicable in your case from you say though. A good Dermatologist should be able to look at you plus feel your skin and ask questions then determine the difference between P and Excema. Good luck.

To take part, sign in or register with us