MBS

Posted Tue 29 Sep 2020 12.36 by Matt (edited Tue 29 Sep 2020 12.37 by Matt)

Hi, I am just wondering if this company called MBS " Much Better Skin" is legitimate. Here is their website. www.treatpsoriasistl01uvblamps.co.uk Has anyone bought any phototherapy equipment from them? Thanks Matt.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 2020 12.56 by scarletsmummy

i am always a bit sceptical about these so called treatments , They make a lot of money out of them ( and they normally only ever put the positive feedback on there pages .. A senior dermatologist once said to me .. There is no miracle cure and if these worked they would be given out on the NHS as they would be cheaper than all the medication ...I tried Phototherapy at the hospital ( and they are obviously hospital strength rays ) it gave very little relief

Posted Tue 29 Sep 2020 13.31 by Matt

Thanks scarletmummy,. You make a good point here. Do you know anyone who has had success with UVB light therapy?

Posted Tue 29 Sep 2020 14.29 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Matt, as stated the light therapy treatments used in Derm out patients Dep'ts are profesional units. The Derms will often prescribe a course of treatment as an alternative or in addition to other treatments. I have had two courses of light therapy, from memory which were three times a week for two or three months. The first was really successful and got good clearance whilst the second not so good and lead to a major flare up. I think the first was successful due to still having acitretin in my system. At first I thought what was the point taking time off work for about 30 seconds of light, that will go up the more times you attend and how you are responding. Good luck.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 2020 22.02 by Matt

Steview, as stated!

To take part, sign in or register with us