Trimovate for Genital Psoriasis

Posted Fri 6 Nov 2020 22.25 by rachcompacc

Hello, First post here and a few days after diagnosis. I haven’t really suffered with psoriasis in the past - I had assumed any flakiness from my head was just dandruff however I’ve recently been diagnosed with genital psoriasis and prescribed Trimovate. I used it for the first time this morning around my genital area including my anus and when I went to the bathroom this evening to poop, there was a fair bit of blood - the water was red and there was bright red blood on the toilet tissue. Has anyone had this side effect before when using trimovate in this area? I couldn’t see anything on the leaflet from the box or on Google! Just unsure whether to persevere or stop until I can speak to a doctor on Monday! Thanks

Posted Sat 7 Nov 2020 15.39 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 7 Nov 2020 15.40 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

I have never had this happen with Trimovate. However, to be honest what you describe could be from an anal-fissure. I do often get this from passing a hard stool. I am not sure about the recommendations for using Trimovate but it MIGHT be advisable not to use it where there is broken skin or bleeding, I am not sure. If you can speak to a doctor on Monday I would personaaly recommend you not apply it to your anus ( or anywhere near where there is bleeding) until you CAN speak to a doctor. To help passing stools (or specifically to reduce the ocurrence of hard stools) I would advise to increase how much water you drink, and consider taking something such as "DulcoEase" which softens stools - one per day.

To take part, sign in or register with us