Intertrigo/Psoriasis

Posted Thu 12 Nov 2020 18.25 by Happychappy (edited Fri 13 Nov 2020 17.03 by Happychappy)

GP tried every oral/topical antifungal treatment for groin rash with no success. Months later saw Dermatologist who diagnosed intertrigo/psoriasis of groins and perianal area . Put me on trimovate. Worked well but had a flare up 3 days ago. Uncomfortable to say the least. Hes advised keep up with trimovate. My question is am I always going to have flare ups and is it ok to use trimovate as I worry about thinning skin. I've read on the forum that its been a huge help to others. Any help appreciated.

Posted Thu 12 Nov 2020 18.32 by scarletsmummy

i like you tried everything from the doctor and it did nothing , infact some of it made me even sorer .I purchased a tube of Neat 3B Action Cream from Amazon and i have to say i have only been using it a week and the soreness has gone donw

Posted Thu 12 Nov 2020 18.34 by Happychappy

What was your diagnosis?

Posted Thu 12 Nov 2020 18.36 by scarletsmummy

I have Psoriasis and i stopped using the Steroid creams in any sensitive areas as you say it makes the skin so thin and tender and i was forever scratching and making it bleed

Posted Thu 12 Nov 2020 18.38 by Happychappy (edited Fri 13 Nov 2020 17.03 by Happychappy)

Just read it up. Sounds like a barrier type cream? Do you find it reduces the psoriasis and rash?

Posted Thu 12 Nov 2020 18.46 by scarletsmummy

it has helped with both the rash and the itching ( which in my case was making it worse )

Posted Thu 12 Nov 2020 23.28 by Happychappy

I've been prescribed Trimovate which does help . I realise now that there is a trend for flare ups. It's just going to happen. I was worried about overuse of the trimovate. It's a catch 22 situation. At this moment the cooler weather is luckily keeping my groin ok. I love walks and it's ok at the mo . Good advice on the powder and paper towels. Thank you.

Posted Sat 14 Nov 2020 16.58 by Happychappy

Hi Scarletsmummy. Thanks for your reply. I now have a tube of the cream which I'm about to use. Let's hope it helps. Keep you posted . Came within 24hrs with e bay.

Posted Sat 14 Nov 2020 17.01 by scarletsmummy

Good luck , i hope it brings you some relief

Posted Sat 14 Nov 2020 18.55 by Happychappy

I hope so. What time scale to hopefully reduce and improve the redness.

Posted Sun 15 Nov 2020 14.27 by Steph

Loooking for a remedy that isn’t steroid or tablet of doctor fir my plaques of psoriasis?

Posted Sun 15 Nov 2020 14.54 by scarletsmummy

Steph , have used Natural Exeskin Dry Irritable Skin Balm (made by Ultra Bee )which is a honey bases cream , it did ease the plaques and is well worth a try

To take part, sign in or register with us