Vacinations and Psoriasis

Posted Sat 28 Mar 2015 12.58 by angemac23

I am planning to travel to Peru in the near future and apparently it is recommended that I get several vaccinations on top of updating my routine ones. I have no idea what vaccinations I already have because, out of fear of causing more issues with my mild psoriasis, I have not gotten any vaccinations. It is starting to occur to me that perhaps this is something I should get in order for this trip and for my general health but I have a fear of doctors (especially around here where I live because they do not offer quality care and tend to provide answers to questions based on nothing). My questions is: Will vaccinations upset my current condition and make it worse? I have mild psoriasis now (scalp, elbows and a few small patches elsewhere but nothing that hampers my everyday life). I am able to control my mild psoriasis now but I'm terrified that getting vaccines will only worsen my current condition. I've heard that it will and I hard that it won't so I'm confused. I've heard about the Koebler (may have spelled it wrong) effect that causes psoriasis to spread when skin in punctured, etc. Any advice is welcome! Thank you!

To take part, sign in or register with us