Biologic treatments

Posted Thu 10 Dec 2020 11.51 by saintsman (edited Thu 10 Dec 2020 12.23 by saintsman)

Hi All, Can anyone tell me what the frequency of injections are for different biological drugs in the UK? I am using IXEKIZUMAB (Taltz) which requires 1 injection per month. The drug is working wonders and I do not want to stop using it, however taking the drug once per month is not ideal. Is anyone using a different biological drug and if so how often are you required to take the drug? Thanks in advance

Posted Thu 10 Dec 2020 13.26 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

I can only speak for experience of Stelera which starts with the first injection, then four weeks later a second then every 12 weeks.

Posted Sun 13 Dec 2020 12.05 by Ayyaz1

I’m using humaira - getting bi weekly Injections.

Posted Tue 15 Dec 2020 13.11 by Denise B

I started on Tremfya this summer. 2nd injection was 4 weeks after my first one. Now they are on an 8 weekly basis. I can see a massive improvement and I have had 3 injections now. I still look a total mess and my calves are still very painful but they have improved immensely

Posted Sun 20 Dec 2020 21.33 by uliajay

Anyone on Amgivita? I’m in the U.K. and this is what I am being offered but scared of the side effects!

Posted Sun 20 Dec 2020 21.59 by Sammiemet

Etanercept (embrel) weekly Stelara 3 monthly Tremfya 8weekly

Posted Mon 21 Dec 2020 08.01 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

I've been on stelara since August as massive flare after 8 months off Humira. Psoriasis cleared 99% within 8 weeks. Self injection very 12 weeks now.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 2020 22.04 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

@ uliajay, a little research shows that Amgevita is a biosimilar of an original biologic drug called adalimumab or brand name Humira. So probably more chance of getting opinions of those who have experienced Humira as it has been around a lot longer. Good luck

To take part, sign in or register with us