COVID-19 Vaccination & Psoriasis

Posted Sun 27 Dec 2020 12.44 by Jayxx

I wasn't aware of this but it seems those of us with Psoriasis will be deemed eligible for prioroty vaccination as part of " adults under 65 years with long term conditions" rheumatoid arthritis, lupus or psoriasis are all included. Here is the current link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-why-you-are-being-asked-to-wait/why-you-have-to-wait-for-your-covid-19-vaccine This doesn't seem to be widely known. Then again, it could just be me. Thought I'd share anyway. Best wishes to everybody for 2021

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 22.10 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Thanks for this, really helpful. I was wondering if anyone knows if the vaccine is OK with biological drugs?

Posted Fri 5 Feb 2021 08.22 by DanielC
Had psoriasis since I was 17, now 50+

Hi I'm due to have my Covid vaccination tomorrow. Has anyone else who's on Cosentyx (secukinumab) had theirs and have you experienced any adverse side effects? Many thanks Dan

Posted Fri 5 Mar 2021 15.30 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

I'm on Stelara and had AZ vaccine 2 weeks ago today. No side effects other than sore arm.

Posted Sat 6 Mar 2021 13.20 by Dave arrow

Hello, i,ve had the oxford jab and strangely enough my achilles tendonitis and psoriatic arhritis has got worse. the inflammation in my joints flares up everyday now.

Posted Thu 11 Mar 2021 20.01 by Sizzy

Hi. I've been to my dermatologist appointment today and the answer is they do not know or will not commit. I really pushed. I just think they don't know as people like us were not part of the testing and because we are in the at risk group, tend to be a bit more careful than the general population when it comes to reducing contact etc.

To take part, sign in or register with us