Travelling tubes and jars

Posted Mon 28 Dec 2020 18.28 by Juga

Does anyone know how, if there is a way, to reduce extra-charges from Airlines tickets on hold luggage when travelling with all the psoriasis potions and lotions? It is a bit of a pain not being allowed to fly with bigger than 100 ml tubes and jars of medicinal creams in the hand/cabin luggage, thus one is forced to check in and pay; in my next trip £40 each way, £80 for 1 piece of luggage. Many thanks

Posted Mon 28 Dec 2020 19.04 by mike andrews

Carry on 100ml jars had been the norm for many years. There is no way round it. In these strange times who wants to travel anyway. Mike

Posted Mon 28 Dec 2020 20.33 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Speaking as a UK resident, I was under the impression that the 100ml rule was all you could take. If you have a prescription or doctors note that the meds/creams are for you the airport security should let you through. I have done it for moisturising cream I am prescribed. I had to go through a separate security channel and show the prescription but had no problem.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 2020 21.02 by mike andrews

Confused here. So what’s the problem. Mike.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 2020 21.49 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Mike, that's it there isn't a problem. You are permitted to take meds/creams over 100ml as long as you have a medical note/prescription and the meds are in the original packing.

Posted Thu 4 Feb 2021 09.54 by Juga

It's good to know that meds/creams over 100ml in the original packing are permitted in hand luggage provided that they are accompanied with prescriptions. Thank you all.

Posted Sun 7 Feb 2021 11.14 by LenRa
First plaque in 2018

I thought you could pack creams & stuff as long as it was in your luggage. For big jars of moisturizer, could you simply pack it in your suitcase? With a smaller tube for on-the-plane spot treatment? If so, be sure to put your jars of stuff in plastic bags so your clothes don't get stained in case of a crack or spill.

To take part, sign in or register with us