Hating my own skin

Posted Mon 4 Jan 2021 19.55 by Borobandit80

Really struggling in my own skin at the minute. Burning itchy depressing skin 😪, all I use is e45 cream and have tried double base,but can't really afford to try other stuff unless its cheap and works.

Posted Mon 4 Jan 2021 20.33 by Mike Quigley - 57 from

Try to avoid hot baths or showers and keep hydrated. Simple vaseline helps and try aloe Vera cream. I sympathise with you as my own psoriasis is beginning to flare up because its the time of year. Try and keep your body cool do not overheat or get to warm even.

Posted Thu 7 Jan 2021 07.03 by Liannemarisha

I would get creams off the doctor hydrocortisone or something similar x

Posted Mon 18 Jan 2021 11.02 by Georgie

Using a cream is beneficial in the summer, in the winter where we are at our worst using an ointment (such as hydromol ointment) is better as it helps staying on the skin for longer so it helps relieve the dryness maybe the majority of the itching too but it all depends on what your skin is. But what helps me between seasons is cream is spring and summer and ointment is autumn and winter :) hope this helps. :)

Posted Fri 5 Feb 2021 23.34 by Timko Salmon

Dovonex (Calcipotriol) works for me - as it implies, it's calcium based - tbh -

Posted Mon 8 Feb 2021 16.04 by LenRa
First plaque in 2018

Hey Borobandit80, Try "MG217 Psoriasis" off Amazon. It's a low-cost coal tar ointment that works great for me in getting a plaque back under control after I've neglected one for too long. Other than that, I've found coconut oil to be a good (and cheap) natural moisturizer. Just be careful to avoid clothes-staining as both are oily. A little plastic wrap (secured with paper tape) can also go a long way.

To take part, sign in or register with us