Just curious

Posted Sun 17 Jan 2021 20.10 by Linda
Recently diagnosed with psoriasis. Using Enstilar foam.

I've recently been diagnosed with psoriasis and am not sure what moisturizer to use. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Posted Mon 18 Jan 2021 10.27 by Freya (edited Mon 18 Jan 2021 10.28 by Freya)
My name is Freya! I have had psoriasis since I was 4 years old, and have tried many different treatments.

For a light moisturiser you can use anything that doesn’t have perfume in as natural stuff is best for psoriasis. Aveno is what doctors suggest which is good but you can use any. For me, my miracle moisturiser is Epaderm. I use the ointment which is very thick and creamy so not good for use in the day, but leave it on at home or overnight and it works wonders on any affected areas. You can also get a cream version of it which is like normal moisturiser and can be used in the day! Hope this helps

Posted Tue 19 Jan 2021 08.09 by Linda
Recently diagnosed with psoriasis. Using Enstilar foam.

Thanks Freya. Right after reading your message I went to pharmacy bought the ointment for night. The cream for day. I don't like feeling like an oil slick through the day... Hopefully the cream version will work. Thanks for your help . Linda

Posted Sun 7 Feb 2021 11.05 by LenRa
First plaque in 2018

Hey. I've found that coconut oil is a great go-to moisturizer for everywhere except the face and shoulders (can clog pores). I also use Vaseline brand lotion which does not feel thick or greasy after being applied.

To take part, sign in or register with us