Cocois Avalability

Posted Tue 16 Feb 2021 12.44 by Scooterjo

Hi All, Not sure what experiences everyone else is having, but the last two requests I have made for Cocois have been rejected due to the availability. This is the first time on over 25 years of use I have not been able to get it two months in a row. Has anyone else experienced this? Far be it for me to mention 'Brexit' but the timing is a little to obvious. Thanks

Posted Tue 16 Feb 2021 12.48 by scarletsmummy

i also use Cocois but my doctor normally gives me 6 tubes at a time so i havent ordered any for a while , i am going to try ordering them to see if i get them , Trouble is there is no alternative to cocois so this will cause problems for those of us who use it ..I am sure our Chemist will use the B word as he uses it about everything else

Posted Tue 16 Feb 2021 14.04 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Scooterjo: have you also asked for Sebco ? it is the same thing.

Posted Tue 16 Feb 2021 14.08 by Scooterjo

I will be contacting my dermatologist in the next couple of days. It certainly did not come up as an option. But thanks for the heads up. Keep well

Posted Tue 16 Feb 2021 14.54 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Tue 16 Feb 2021 17.47 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

in 2019 I think, I had a problem to obtain an ointment I have prescribed called Trimovate. It had temporarily been taken off the approved/licensed treatments available on NHS. My doctor still prescribed it, and I was eventually able to get Boots to order it, BUT it cost the GP Practice more than usual as it was an "off the list" treatment. One Lloyds pharmacist tried to tell me that my GP was not allowed to precribe it and tried to confiscate my prescription. However, I had read up on the situation, and discussed already with my GP as as it was the only truly effective treatment for my particular condition he was happy to prescribe it, and it was a decision for his practice, not the local pharmacy. Maybe Cocois has gone off prescription temporarily? But it seems to be available online. And as I say, Sebco is identical. The Psoriaisis Association do note some treatments that are discontinued or whatever, but I do not see anything about Cocois: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/unavailable-treatments If you continue to have a problem you could contact them as suggested on that page.

Posted Wed 17 Feb 2021 15.08 by PsoAdminMod

Hi Scooterjo, Following your post we contacted the manufacturers of Cocois ointment, RPH Pharmaceuticals AB, to see if there were any supply issues with the product. They confirmed that Cocois is currently unavailable in 100g quantities, and is expected to return to stock in mid-March. However, Cocois ointment is still available in the smaller 40g size, so it would be worth asking your doctor/ pharmacist if they are able to get hold of this for you. If you would like any further information RPH Pharmaceuticals AB can be contacted by email on customer.care@recipharm.com, or phone on 0845 023 0467. We hope this helps. Amber, Psoriasis Association

Posted Wed 17 Feb 2021 18.48 by Scooterjo

Amber Many thanks for the information. I will go back to my GP and see what can be done to rectify. Keep well

To take part, sign in or register with us