Psoriasis on stomach - clothing help!

Posted Fri 19 Feb 2021 21.43 by bshah

Hi, I'm new here and was after some support. I'm currently in the middle of a flare up and now have psoriasis all over my stomach. Pretty much all my clothes seem to irritate the skin apart from my fleecy pyjamas. I'm starting a new job soon and sadly will need to wear something other than pyjamas! Does anyone have any advice? I was thinking getting a silk camisole to wear underneath and keep the area very moisturised throughout the day? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Posted Fri 19 Feb 2021 23.24 by LenRa
First plaque in 2018

Hi! Welcome to the community, sorry to hear about your sensitive flare-up. I think a slip is a great idea if the skin on your torso is tender. Be sure to test your camisole for a few days at home before relying on it to keep you comfortable at work. My instinct would be soft cotton undershirts, but I don't personally have the skin sensitivity issue with my torso patches. Btw, is it the texture of non-PJs that irritate your skin or friction from tighter clothing?

Posted Sat 20 Feb 2021 13.54 by bshah

Thank you for your reply! Great advice to test it at home first. didn't think of that! I'll definitely try a cotton top as well. Tight clothes definitely make it worse, but I think non-breathable fabrics possibly irritate it even if it is baggy.

Posted Sun 21 Feb 2021 17.41 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

I have worn cotton vest tops under my clothes for years. I found that helped me

Posted Tue 23 Feb 2021 10.18 by bshah

Thank you. I have just ordered some and will try them out! Thank for your advice!

Posted Tue 23 Feb 2021 13.23 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Good luck. I always have washed my clothes in Surcare to ensure no irritation as well. The regular washing stuff plays havoc with irritation x

To take part, sign in or register with us