Stelara and covid injection

Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 18.08 by Nell

Hiya sorry to trouble everyone but whoever is on stelara have they had a covid vaccine and how did that get on im abit worried to have it thats all much appreciated for your input in advance Helen x

Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 20.02 by FairyDust

Hi Helen I am on stelara, I have been for nearly 8 years for severe psoriasis. It’s cleared a lot although not completely gone but I’m living a happy medium so far. I had the vaccine on Sunday. They talked me through the side effects that I MAY feel If I am totally honest I had them all! Started about 9 hours after the jab. Chills. Fevers the works Felt awful. After about a day symptoms got less severe. After 48 hours It settled down completely. I have just got a bit of a dead arm that’s all. Didn’t need to call the gp phew! Wait for it there is a but... skin has got a bit more dry and itchy than usual so I’m being really good with applying my lotions and potions on time and throughly to avoid a flair up if I can! Sorry if this sounds rubbish and puts you off. But I want to be honest about what’s out there for us and how it’s effected me as an individual cos everyone will react differently. little is known right now. I had the vaccine because my dermatologist recommended I have it and through fear of missing out on a ‘normal’ life and want to be able to do the stuff I did before Covid. I have spent the last year at home shielding from what I’m not sure? What I do know is that it’s caused me a great deal of anxiety and fear being at home and worry about what will happen to me if I get Covid. so i decided to have the vaccine and when it’s safe, get out there and be the person I was before ( and I wasn’t bad :p) Good luck xx

Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 20.18 by Nell

Aww thank you appreciate it I did sheild last year for 4 months my mother died with covid and I actually held her up to go in ambulance and I kissed her and touched her when she had covid when she died im really confused I have a covid test every week and its negative I am still working I suppose to be shielding now but still at work 🤔💜

Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 20.46 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

I have been on Stelera for over a year and had the vaccine last week. Apart from a sore arm for 48 hrs that was about it.

Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 21.00 by Nell

Thank you much appreciated xx

Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 21.01 by FairyDust

Hi Helen I’m really sorry to hear about your mum. It must have been heartbreaking. It’s so good to have forums like this to share experiences. please let us know how you get on with the vaccine if you do decide to have it. Sending good vibes 💓

To take part, sign in or register with us