Psoriasis around eye areas

Posted Mon 26 Apr 2021 17.39 by Dollydaydream

Can anyone help? What can be used to treat psoriasis around the eyes?

Posted Mon 26 Apr 2021 17.46 by scarletsmummy

as the eyes are really delicate skin tissues you will need to speak to a doctor because some steroid creams can seriously damage the tissues around the eyes

Posted Mon 26 Apr 2021 19.18 by scouternorm (edited Mon 26 Apr 2021 19.18 by scouternorm)

Honestly, I would try CBD oil. CBD oil has helped with my psoriasis altho not around eyes, but it certainly isn't as dangerous as steroids. But check it out, it might just work

Posted Tue 27 Apr 2021 09.05 by bargainlovingmum

Hi I get psoriasis around my eyes (especially above), but just little, persistent patches (and eczema too). I find rosehip oil twice or more a day has really helped over time, and doesn't irritate. Coconut oil has helped me, too, although it gets in my eyes sometimes - it doesn't hurt, but a bit blurry for a while. Really hope you find something that helps you.

Posted Mon 14 Jun 2021 00.16 by Mary1968

Hello Dollydaydream I would be very careful with using anything chemical based around the eyes. If you do it, then do it with extreme caution. For psoriasis on the actual eyelids, I have successfully used coconut oil, manuka honey, and aloe vera gel. Under the eyes and in the eyebrows, I have also used rosehip oil and calendula oil, with great results, Best to apply at night before bed.

Posted Tue 6 Jul 2021 05.22 by Angry

Coconut oil could block the eye ducts

To take part, sign in or register with us