Some light at the end of the tunnel!

Posted Tue 22 Jun 2021 00.12 by Sjhtattoo

My psoriasis started on my elbows at the end of last year, my doctor prescribed various steroid creams (dovabet etc) and moisturisers and nothing helped, she referred me to a dermatologist. By the time I got seen it had spread to cover most of my lower legs, knees, thighs, arms, scalp and back! At the start of June I bought a uvb lamp which seemed to prevent it spreading so quick but it was still itchy and angry. Anyway 3 days ago I heard back from the dermatologist who’s prescribed me elocon, and the difference in just three days is incredible! I’ve been using it once daily, along with e45 cream and the lamp 4 times a week. The itching has reduced and the scales are much less red and scabby, I can see my normal skin texture slowly coming back in small patches and I could honestly cry! There’s a long way to go but I’m super hopeful this may have finally cracked it for me! Just goes to show that it pays to keep trying, just because one treatment doesn’t work, it means something else might!

Posted Fri 6 Aug 2021 00.03 by Hils

I too use elecon, its the only one that works on my palms, although I think I am becoming resistant to it. I use it with plastic gloves.

To take part, sign in or register with us