It's like sleeping on toast crumbs

Posted Sun 4 Jul 2021 05.32 by Bubs

P is pretty bad at the moment, itchy, flakey, sore, you know what I mean. I can't sleep because my bed is full of flakes, I have to vacuum it daily. Its like sleeping on toast crumbs. My whole body itches and the skin on my buttocks and the back of my legs feels like it wants to split open when I move. It feels like hundreds of hot needles stabbing me. I use Cetraben all the time but it absorbs so quickly that half an hour after using it, it feels like I need more. My clothes are suffering as well. I recently hung some washing out but noticed it was covered in what looked like undisolved washing powder but then I realised it was my skin so I had to wash it all again. I'm seeing a dermo at the end of August so I hope something can be done to help.

Posted Mon 5 Jul 2021 20.48 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

I really feel for you Bubs and I hope your dermatologist starts you on a treatment plan. I have chronic psoriasis and only ever have reprives when being treated on the strong stuff. I've been on biologics for 6 years now, 5 on humira, 1 Yr gap, severe flare then on to Stelara. When my skin was Really bad I would take antihistamines (prescribed by GP like Phenagan or fexofenadine, not over the counter) to help with the itch (phenagan also helped with sleep). All my washing was done using Surcare, I'd put olive oil on my scalp every night and wrap it in cling film and I'd use Capasal shampoo to wash the olive oil out in the morning. I would coat myself in doublebase gel or zerocream several times a day and before bed then apply estillar foam twice a day (letting the moisturiser soak in first). Estillar foam is really good at almost clearing your skin but I found that as soon as i stopped, my skin would flare like a vicious circle. My skin would overheat easily what with all the moisturiser so had to wear lose light preferable cotton clothes. Both toomuch heat and getting too cold would irritate my skin. I hope you get what you need from your dermatitis, good luck.

Posted Sun 1 Aug 2021 11.34 by deandCruz91

Try not to worry that's the biggest issue, it'll make things 100% worse because you'll stress over it! I'm 30 years old and have 85% of my body covered this is my first experience with psoriasis in which I have plaque gutate and inverse. I feel your pain for the itch I crack and bleed constantly have similar issues with bed also. I'm currently using diprosalic acid fenofexidine and hydroxyzine hydrochloride but I still have no joy currently under uvb/a lighting at hospital and it just seems to make things worse. Keeps at it with your GP and dermo once you get there it took me 8 months to be even entertained by dermo from the GP who diagnosed me with 3 wrong issues before they agreed it was psoriasis

To take part, sign in or register with us