PPP ...? PsA

Posted Mon 5 Jul 2021 10.26 by Helen

Hello. I have been off work for 6 weeks now with thoracic backpain, like a burning pain. I have had lumbar pain for many years and have stiff hands and feet, worse in the morning. I have had PPP for many years but am lucky it isn't too painful. Just have constant skin peeling and questions as to what it is! When I mentioned to my GP the possibility of PsA he fobbed me off saying I didn't have plaque psoriasis or swollen red fingers so this wouldn't be possible. I wondered if anyone had more knowledge or should I accept it? Many thanks in advance Helen

Posted Mon 5 Jul 2021 20.26 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Hi there. Your Dr is wrong. Many people have Psa without skin psoriasis. I have both, skin much worse but psa catching up. My fingers are worse at the moment especially durong the night and mornings and I do not get any noticeable swelling which had my consultant dermatologist and rheumatologist stumped for years. Mine moves around a lot. It could be one foot, then after a couple of weeks it's moved to a thumb, a wrist or a knee. Never swelling but pain can get intense and I get very stiff. Back is constant especially shoulders and upper back. It's hard to diagnose but you do not have to have skin disease to get psoriatic arthritis. Hope that helps a little x

Posted Tue 6 Jul 2021 08.54 by Helen

Many thanks, I'm going to correct him at the next appointment. I have so many of the PsA markers so would like to know either way 👍

To take part, sign in or register with us