Exorex

Posted Mon 9 Aug 2021 11.12 by Salskin
Hello , I'm new here, looking for support from others in same situation

I'm using Exorex and having salty baths and now seeing some improvement after four weeks,anyone else had success with Exorex before ?

Posted Fri 13 Aug 2021 08.39 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Fri 13 Aug 2021 08.40 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Yes, I used exorex on my trunk for guttate psoriasis (green writing on bottle not blue - the blue one is simply mild shower-gel) . Coal tar based treatments have always helped my psoriasis since my first outbreak of plaque psoriasis in January 198o. If you type EXOREX into the search at the top of the page you will find several posts about it on here. Good luck!

Posted Wed 18 Aug 2021 19.31 by Josh Rich

I used to use Exorex on any patches that appeared on my face. always seemed to keep the psoriasis at bay with the added confidence of using a cream that contained no steroids. Unfortunately I've found it very had to find / be prescribed these days..

Posted Thu 19 Aug 2021 07.50 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Thu 19 Aug 2021 11.30 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Exorex is not cheap, but if you type Exorec lotion into an internet search engine it is widely available online. I do not know if it is on the list the GPs can prescribe. One note: only buy the lotion in the Green themed bottle. That contains coal-tar extract . The exorex product in the blue-themed bottle is only a gentle washing/moisurising lotion with no active content to treat proriasis.

Posted Sun 22 Aug 2021 13.48 by Salskin
Hello , I'm new here, looking for support from others in same situation

I always get my Exorex on prescription ,using after salt bath and I've started eating blueberries every day,seeing some improvement.

Posted Fri 3 Sep 2021 06.39 by MichelleEds

I have been having Dead Sea salt baths, and so far, it’s the only treatment I can say for sure is helpful. It stops the itching for about a day, which is great. I also get Exorex on prescription. I haven’t tried it directly after a salt bath, but I will give it a go and see how I get on. I have been eating blueberries every day too, and to be honest, I can’t see a difference, but will keep eating them anyway as they’re good for boosting the immune system.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 2022 20.17 by malcolm.mayes1@ntlworld.com

Hi everyone,,really,really scared about just being diagnosed with this and given exorex. My patches look more red than ever after I’ve put this on.!. It’s been 4 days. Still early days do you think.? . Thanks

Posted Sat 12 Mar 2022 23.04 by MichelleEds

Hey Malcom, very sorry to hear your diagnosis. On it’s own, I haven’t found Exorex to be effective. Psoriasis causes v dry & flakey skin and Exorex doesn’t moisturise effectively or for long. You can see and feel how thin it is. But I found it useful used as part of a regime. My regime was basically creaming twice a day. I would cover myself in Zerobase cream, then put some on a flannel to use the same way you’d use a shower gel. After, gently pat dry. Then liberally cream with Zerobase, effectively triple-creaming for max moisturisation. In the evenings I’d use either Zerobase again or Exorex or Enstillar cutaneous foam. Every 2 or 3 days I’d have a bath with Dead Sea salt. I found these really effective for reducing itching. (Water temp should not be too hot). Basically different creams work for different people and you need to work out what works for you. Also eat blueberries every day as psoriasis makes your immune system work less efficiently, so you want to help it as much as you can, and blueberries do that. Also get into the sunlight when you have the opportunity, short bursts if it’s really hot, so you don’t end up with sunburn. Sunlight helps. Finally, get tested for diabetes. I discovered I also had diabetes and when I began to get that under control, it really helped to improve my psoriasis. Diabetes makes it more difficult for wounds on your skin to heal. I really hope some of this is helpful.

Posted Mon 14 Mar 2022 07.58 by OhNo_NotAgain?

@MichelleEds: Exorex coal-tar is not a moisturiser and not intended to be. This is the product in a plastic bottle with all text in green. There is another Exorex branded product with blue text, and that is only a mild shower-wash product. It is not an actual treatment for psoriasis or other skin conditions.,

To take part, sign in or register with us