Is psoriasis a disability?, can you get benefits?

Posted Fri 1 Oct 2021 12.04 by Dizzyronnie

Hello Does anyone know if Psoriasis is classed as a disability?, can you get benefits if you are unable to work because of it?. I really do not want to go down that route, I have a great job that I love. However I have the strain that is on my hands and feet and I can't stand on them. I also have it on my the palms of my hands and can barely hold a pen some days. I also have a job where I am on my feet all day!! I'm a care giver!! I have worked all my life since the age of 15 and am not a sponger, I just don't know how much longer I can go on like this. I've had this condition since February after the first COVID jab and then it got worse after the second. I'm hoping it might go away after the 6 months have passed when the jab wears off??. Any advice welcome. Yes, my employer is making allowances for me up to a point, but I'm still useless at the moment. Kind regards Roni

Posted Fri 1 Oct 2021 12.10 by mike andrews

Have you spoken to anyone at the Psoriasis Association. I think that would be a good place to start. Regards, Mike Andrews

Posted Fri 1 Oct 2021 12.12 by mike andrews

Posted Fri 1 Oct 2021 23.09 by Moggy1

I also developed PPP on my hands and feet after getting covid in April 2019 which really flared up after my flu jab in October 2019. Which resulted in paying for a private consultation with a dermatologist in feb 2020 steroid creams didn’t help so started Acitretin in desperation. . Bad flare up after both covid jabs and now terrified of having booster. I am waiting to start phototherapy. Don’t want to make you feel worse but I really don’t think it just goes away once activated . I hope you find something that help it really is different for everyone . Keep positive 😊

To take part, sign in or register with us