UVB Treatment

Posted Thu 21 Oct 2021 20.38 by Lona

Hi and thank you for allowing me to enter your forum My husband had a really bad flare up in 2015 and there was no hospital beds available to treat his condition. The consultant dermatologist diagnosed Guttate psoriasis and gave him creams and other medications. My hubby was in agony and although he was going through the usual routines with creams and potions his psoriasis was not clearing. He always responded to uvb lamp treatment so I decided to buy him a lamp after doing lots of research. Everybody said I was mad but I thought it will either work or it won't. I purchased the Philips TL01High uvb Narrow tubes from a company called MBS at a cost of just under £1500. I read all the instructions and stuck to them exactly as stated. It took 3 months to completely clear his skin. You start off with 50 secs and gradually build up to max 4 mins. His lower legs were the most stubborn but I treated them with him fully clothes other than his legs. I tried contacting the company to see if I could return the lamp for a partial refund but they do not take returns. It seems a pity to discard this machine and I would be willing to give it to someone although they would have to arrange transportation at their own cost.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 2021 06.05 by Annette

I would personally hold on to the machine . I had light treatment 10 years ago ( on NHS) as you say it clears it but unfortunately it can return . I am just finishing another course of light treatment which is working well. X

Posted Fri 22 Oct 2021 11.26 by Lona

Unfortunately my hubby is now in a carehome and I doubt very much if they would allow the machine to be used unofficially. He is now 82 years of age and the psoriasis has not returned. I also doubt if he could understand how to follow the instructions. I'm afraid it's a no win situation. :))

Posted Sun 24 Oct 2021 10.16 by Annette

Well I’m sorry to hear that ,I think as you suggested previously to find a new home for it I’m sure someone local would be thrilled to have it . I don’t suppose you are local to Wrexham ? Xx

Posted Sun 24 Oct 2021 22.20 by Lona

No, I live in Scotland, North Ayrshire

Posted Mon 25 Oct 2021 11.20 by Annette

My brother and his family were there last week in Girvan was very impressed xxx

Posted Thu 30 Dec 2021 12.28 by CLAIREALLENMARGATE
Im a 38yr old teacher working with challenging behavior

Light therapy is the only thong that ever worked for me but the second it finished i am 1000% the worst i have ever been

Posted Sun 2 Jan 2022 18.07 by Wrightson123

I’ve had a Phillips narrowband machine for my plaque psoriasis for a good few years now and despite having lots of flare ups It’s been sat in my dressing room collecting dust. I’ve had a huge flare up that wasn’t showing any signs of calming down so I thought I’d get my act together and use my machine! Ive done 9 sessions so far, every other day and started at 30 seconds and it’s already calming down, feels much flatter and less angry, looking forward to seeing the results in a couple months time. Can I ask, does anyone use it for maintenance and if so how often? It is like a once per week thing or? Thanks

Posted Sun 2 Jan 2022 19.57 by Lona

My hubby used it strictly to the instructions on retailers list. Started off with 50 sec then gradually uped it until max 4 mins. Did it every second night. It took nearly 3 months to clear but has never come back

Posted Mon 3 Jan 2022 15.48 by Mercar

You can read my story here https://fastway4you.com/uvb-narrow-band-treatment-for-psoriasis/

Posted Thu 6 Jan 2022 03.31 by nmc444 (edited Thu 6 Jan 2022 03.32 by nmc444)

Hi Lona if you still have this machine I would be interested in buying it I am in Ayrshire also. It is for my son who is suffering from this at the moment.

Posted Thu 6 Jan 2022 19.36 by Lona

You are welcome to come and view the machine which has never been used after my hubby became clear. You must really know what you are doing and follow the guidlines on the Manual which I also have kept. Contact my privately if you want to come and see it.

Posted Fri 7 Jan 2022 16.33 by Jan

Hi everyone, I have just signed up to this forum and have been reading comments. I 100% agree that these beds work. I was offered 6 treatments on the NHS which helped but was not enough to clear my skin. I bought an MBS nine tube n-UVB Phototherapy Canopy with Philips TL01 311nm tubes. It was the best thing I ever did. I used it as directed and my skin was cleared completely in weeks and has stayed clean. I am now looking to sell as I have had no reason to use it. I feel its sitting doing nothing when it could help someone in need. The NHS is a total nightmare and gives limited time slots. I am close to Glasgow, looking for £1.250 If interested please notify me. Tks Jan

Posted Sat 8 Jan 2022 14.53 by andyc

Hi - does anyone have any experience of the light therapy helping with psoriasis on feet? I have it really badly on both feet, often it cracks and opens up which is painful. 40% urea has helped to an extent, but its still pretty bad. Thanks Andy

Posted Sat 8 Jan 2022 15.03 by CLAIREALLENMARGATE
Im a 38yr old teacher working with challenging behavior

Absolutely it got rid of mine however come back when my therapy finished

To take part, sign in or register with us