3rd Covid Vaccine for immunosuppressed

Posted Sat 29 Jan 2022 10.03 by lizziep

Sizzy -do you know if once you have had your vaccinations, going back onto immune suppressants leaves you almost as COVID safe as other people?

Posted Sat 29 Jan 2022 12.18 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Hi Lizziep Sorry, that's impossible to say. My dermatology team say to leave a couple of weeks after covid jab to do my biologics which should give better protection but they cannot recommend if we have adequate protection or not. Also, everyone's immune response is different. I have high anxiety so do not mix. I don't go shopping and everything is home delivered. I do enjoy outdoor activities but avoid and crowds/indoor venues. S

Posted Sat 29 Jan 2022 12.23 by lizziep

sigh - I think you are unintentionally convincing me that I should stay off them! Thanks S

Posted Sat 29 Jan 2022 15.24 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Not at all, i would never do that. I'm back on mine in two weeks.

Posted Sat 29 Jan 2022 15.29 by lizziep

I didnt mean you intended to - I meant that is the way I seem to be going in my head.

Posted Sat 29 Jan 2022 17.10 by Sizzy

I struggle with it lizziep. I missed my last dose as omricron hit, son was ill, I was on antibiotics, wasn't myself (when am I lol) but now I've got quite a lot of psoriasis back. Scalp very bad, skin starting to flair etc so I know I've got to go back on biologics again. I'm always scared. I hope you can make that decision (you aren't alone xx)

Posted Sat 19 Feb 2022 21.04 by Sizzy

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I had my 4th covid vacinne some weeks ago and finally braved it and injected Sterlara 3 weeks later! (6 month gap, psoriasis flare, especially bad on scalp). I've got quite bad health anxiety so pretty much still isolating and working from home still to keep safe (nearly 2 years now). Just wanted to mention that I called 119 to ask why I had not received my priority PCR test kit and to check I was on the 'list' for patients who can get the covid treatments if I catch it. The reply, after being put on hold several times and being transferred was that I was eligible for the new treatment if I got Covid and they would send a priority PCR test kit. I asked why the higher risk population wasn't being contacted and they did not know. They said if you are eligible, you need to call 119 and get put on the list manually. Just wanted to pass this info on. S X

To take part, sign in or register with us