Otezla experience please

Posted Sat 27 Nov 2021 15.40 by SonofGreg (edited Sat 27 Nov 2021 15.45 by SonofGreg)

May I ask for experiences of using Otezla please? I have been fortunate (perhaps) to have been granted the funding for this though I'm concerned it's not suiting me. Diagnosed with palmar plantar pustular psoriasis around 14 years ago with little to no success with a whole host of medications, topical applications, alternative therapies and radical dietary changes. Previous diagnosis of malignant melanoma and so light therapy the only intervention not used. No previous mental health history neither any other identifiable cause for any changes in mental state albeit now, experiencing episodes of acute anxiety and panic...alongside gastro disturbances. I've been taking now for just over 4 weeks with no notable therapeutic value and quite unsure whether to continue. With very many thanks

Posted Thu 2 Dec 2021 22.57 by rapture83 (edited Thu 2 Dec 2021 22.59 by rapture83)

Hi, It sounds like we are taking this for different reasons maybe, I’m taking it for guttate P but I’ll let you know my experience so far anyway….. I started on this 3 weeks ago, this is the first time I’ve ever had pills to help my P, always creams which never really helped!. Apart from 1 day I’ve had no symptoms really, that 1 day was horrendous, sickness, diarrhoea, nausea and tiredness, I slept that day for about 15 hours and was sick the rest, was basically like a really bad hangover but next day was totally fine. My progress? Well as I say I’m just about to start week 4 and I am now starting to see some progress, I have guttate P, all of my patches are no longer bright red, they are starting to go a bruised colour, some patches/spots are vanishing like on my torso, feet and hands, starting to go faded, none of my patches are going hard, flaky and itchy now, I honestly think this is starting to work! I did find last week that a few of my patches were really itchy so I started upping my moisturising which seems to be helping! Im keeping my fingers crossed that’s the case but I’ve been like this with creams before and then wake up and it’s all red again so I’m not getting too excited!

To take part, sign in or register with us