Some good news on my Plaque Psoriasis!

Posted Fri 17 Dec 2021 11.21 by sixpence60
Hi, I’m a 60 year old female who, until this year (2021j have never had any skin issues. I’ve now been diagnosed with guttate psoriasis

Hi all, I am 60 years old and never had any skin issues until earlier this year when I found myself covered in plaque psoriasis. I've been diagnosed by a private dermatologist and GP and was firstly using Diavobet (steroid) and Diprosalic for many months and with limited affect and I don't really like using steroid creams if I can avoid. Anyhow, I recently seem to have turned a corner by using Hydromol ointment (available freely in the UK and reasonably priced) along with a prescription of Promethazine - an antihistamine tablet which I take at night. The Hydromol was recommended by a friend and it's honestly worked so well and reduced irritation even in sensitive areas. I hope this is of some use to those suffering and I wish you all a happy festive season! Here's to a 2022 free of Psoriasis....

Posted Thu 6 Jan 2022 19.39 by Sarah

Hi - it’s good to hear of products that appear to give some relief- how easy do you think the Hydromol would to apply to the scalp? Desperately seeking ideas at the moment!

Posted Thu 6 Jan 2022 19.43 by sixpence60
Hi, I’m a 60 year old female who, until this year (2021j have never had any skin issues. I’ve now been diagnosed with guttate psoriasis

I don’t think there’s an issue applying Hydromol to the scalp, but, I found Diproderm solution better. Hope you get some relief.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2022 10.57 by lizziep

I think E45 has a similar effect to Hydromol - also worth a try.

Posted Fri 14 Jan 2022 08.12 by sixpence60

I tried E45 and many other creams to little or no effect, so, for me it was Hydromol. But, hey, whatever works, right? Sending healing thoughts to all.

Posted Fri 14 Jan 2022 09.30 by Sarah

Thank you for advice - my main issue is applying anything to the scalp through the hair! Will persevere hoping the current flare settles down 😌

Posted Fri 14 Jan 2022 09.34 by sixpence60

I hope so too, Sarah. I know many are skeptical, but, I also found Dr Goldner a sound reference - I haven't read her books, but, find her videos inspirational. Here's to a 2022 of less or no psoriasis! x

Posted Fri 28 Jan 2022 13.16 by lizziep

hi sixpence - iv'e decided to try your Hydromol and have jsut ordered it today - it is very reasonable at £6.99 for 500 mgs - fingers crossed!

Posted Fri 28 Jan 2022 13.28 by Sarah

I'm now using Bettamouse on my scalp which is so much easier to apply combined with an oil like a JoJoba or an Itchy Scalp oil which helps to keep the flakes at bay but still not brilliant. Typically the scalp is more manageable but the patches all over my body are a bit out of control :( - just so annoying that I cannot get it under control

Posted Fri 28 Jan 2022 13.28 by sixpence60

Ooh, I really hope it works for you. I’m pretty clear now!

Posted Sat 29 Jan 2022 09.19 by lizziep

Really, sixpence - that's amazing - fingers crossed for you.

Posted Sat 29 Jan 2022 10.42 by sixpence60

Thanks so much and right back at you!

To take part, sign in or register with us