Psoriasis down below in private parts

Posted Tue 18 Jan 2022 16.31 by Paddy

Any suggestions for this very itchy especially at night

Posted Tue 18 Jan 2022 17.46 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Antihistamine. I used to get a prescription one

Posted Wed 19 Jan 2022 14.33 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I bathe in a luke-warmish bath with Oilatum or Oilatum Plus oil in the water, it helps reduce the itching for a few hours and helps me to get off to sleep.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 2022 01.43 by Mary1968

Well a couple of things may help. Sleeping on silk or bamboo sheets. Using non-scented washing powder. Sleeping naked. Rubbing cold press raw coconut oil on the itchy parts.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 2022 17.52 by RoentgenRay (edited Mon 24 Jan 2022 07.20 by RoentgenRay)

Psoriasis in the perineum & genitalia 'occurs in both sexes and can extend from from front to back and is a pain! I have a quick shower twice a day, washing with Dove hydrating care, dry and use Sudocrem. If it is bad, you may need a steroid, such as Locoid Lipocream. I use twice a day for two weeks and then quickly tail it off and have just had to order a new tube; the last one was over 5 years old, so I use it sparingly. I do hope that this is of some help. The NZ site DermnetNZ is another useful resource. https://dermnetnz.org/topics/genital-psoriasis

Posted Sun 19 Jun 2022 13.51 by veganmama1995

Is it itchy on the inside labia? That's where mine itches I use coconut oil to soothe it

To take part, sign in or register with us